Sunday, 26 February 2012

Steamed Sweet Buns



My semi-craving for apam started when I saw a photo taken by a dear friend in Zurich of her food spread for the occasion of his little boy's second birthday...
Her's looked really scrumptious with fresh coconut grating and all.
Well, I do love my apam (or apom, as it was known to me waaay back) but, I'm not willing to spend too much time on them.
Scouring the net,  I found this really simple recipe; more importantly it's made without using any chemical additive that I'm not so fond of.
These little almost perfect orb-ette got the family approval...







Steamed Sweet Buns

1 egg
40g sugar
60ml skimmed milk
100g flour
1 tbsp green tea powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp oil

Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
In another bowl, lightly whisk eggs and sugar.
Add in milk, oil and the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Fill the mixture into  6 silicone cups.
Place the cups in the steamer and cover.
Steam over high heat for 20 minutes.