Monday, 13 August 2012

Sea Bass with Thai-style Mango Salsa



Here's the deal...

No one in the Family likes fish on bones, let alone a whole fish.
And why do I end up with 3 whole sea bass, I hear you say?
Long story short, saw them on a fishmonger shelf, they were screaming out freshness.
I was not able to resist.

And that was how I ended up with 3 fish faces staring at me.






Anyways, I turned them into crispy fried fish (sans head), seasoned with turmeric powder, black pepper and salt.
Which was in turn smothered with strips of mango, chillies and spring onions marinated in a fish sauce, sugar and lime juice mixture.




I must say, The Family did enjoy the meal (in between picking and chocking on bones).
But will I buy any more whole fish after this?
After a unanimous and resounding NO from the The Family, my work here is done.